Thursday, September 21, 2017

Alaska: Explorer of the Sea - Day 7 - Victoria

Our last day was spent in Victoria, BC. My parents had been there once a decade ago, but for the rest of it was our first time. Since we were trying to keep it budget friendly we walked to town and spent the morning exploring. I'd love to go to Butchart Gardens the next time we're in Victoria as I hear they're gorgeous! We stopped at Fisherman's Wharf on the way downtown and the weather was so nice we didn't even need jackets. Such a nice change from the previous ports!




Lots of colorful houseboats on the wharf!

The British Columbia Parliament Building


I'd never worn this shirt/skirt combination before, but I'm now a fan!


The gorgeous Empress hotel.


We perused some more, stopped at a drugstore for some insoles for my sister's shoes as her feet were a lot of pain, and stopped in a gift shop before taking a water taxi back to Fisherman's Wharf.

Our gorgeous ship.

My dad always points out pay phones, but this time we got a photo too.


After boarding some and grabbing at late lunch at Windjammers some of our group went to the pool, some others lounged in the sun, and I packed and took some more photos around the Explorer. For me the last days of a trip, and even more so on a cruise, are so sad. You know it's the last day so you try and fit in all that fun stuff you haven't had time to do, but in the back of your head you know that it's practically over. But hey, the almost empty ship is perfect for photographing!


We'd been talking about doing mini-golf for days and we finally fit it in! And for the record, I'm terrible at mini-golf. If I had a dollar for every time my ball brushed by the hole I'd be rich.
Just as we finished mini-golf , about 5:00pm, the Celebrity Solstice pulled in. 


Every night I got a cold soup, gluten and dairy free, and they were all delicious. 


Anthony was showing us how to make a napkin swan.


Our last sunset on board the Explorer.

The trip was finished off with us hanging out at Schooner all evening. The best way to end the trip, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment