Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Alaska: Explorer of the Sea - Day 5 - Endicott Fjord

Originally we were scheduled to go to Tracy Arm Fjord, but due to ice and weather conditions we went to Endicott Fjord instead. We started going through the passage really early in the morning and by 6:30am I met up with the family at Dizzy's. I'm definitely glad I got up early, but boy, I would have liked to sleep a little more! We slowly woke up and enjoyed the view until we got close to the glacier and then we went on deck.

The view from Dizzy's.



After making it through the fjord, the first activity of the day for me was a napkin folding class with Sylvia. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of her, but she's full of energy and fun to be around. This was also something I wanted to do on our last cruise, but it was at the same time as another activity I went to. We learned how to fold napkins a few different ways including a candle, rose, and crown.


Then some of us met up for the Selfie Scavenger Hunt which had us running franticaly through the ship and taking selfies with things.


This one is the best. Who knew asking three strangers to pose funny in your selfie could be so perfect.

Then it was off to lunch at Windjammers before Wii Baseball Tournament. Daniel ended up with a bronze metal. That was followed by 70's Trivia and dinner.

I left my camera with these people while I used the restroom and returned with this on my SD card. They said it was their beached wale pose.

Our assistant waiter, Himi from India, and waiter, Anthony from the Philippines.

I told you weird stuff happens at dinner.

The show for the night was Jesse Hamilton Jr, who was awesome. Near the end he came out dressed like it was the 70's, complete with afro, then he found a couple people from the audience to dance on stage with him. Highly entertaining!

After that, it was off to the piano bar (I'm sure you knew that by now). David has a lot of random props, including this lion and heart glasses!

Then it was up to the Promenade to have a groovy time at the Disco Inferno Street Party. Lots of music and lots of dancing, complete with light up rings! The best part? Getting me up and moving around totally woke me up for the rest of the evening. In fact, it may have given me too much energy.

Then it was back to Schooner Bar. Predictable, no?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment