Sunday, October 1, 2017

David Curtis - Explorer of the Seas



If you read about my Alaska Cruise, you without a doubt saw David Curtis mentioned several times. If you look at the Cruise Compass he's listed as Piano Entertainment with David Curtis starting at 8:30pm at the Schooner Bar. I remember seeing that and thinking since it says entertainment, he must do more that just play the piano? But I had no idea what.


Then later that day, on formal night, I was making my way out of the Palace Theater with the masses of people. After going up the staircase I found a lot of people crowed around the Schooner Bar watching and singing along to David, who was playing Piano Man and getting the crowed involved to sing along at parts. That was where I got this gem of a clip:


I was passing my with my dad, though after a few minutes he left to go to another event and I ended up listening for another hour or so as I was having such a nice time. That night and the next day I had several people who where there that night comment on how much I was enjoying myself and liked the music, which was so true! Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not really into much pop or modern music, it's all the fun old stuff that I enjoy.




The next night most of the family joined and he brought up my sister Tiana to sing, and there there were Justice and Josh were to other regulars that sang as well and both sounded amazing. 


The way he combines music, improve, props, and the crowd makes for a real magical night. He would also bring up people to sing, often time innocent bystanders who didn't always want to sing at first, but turned out to be awesome. That's what makes it so fun and new every night, as you never what's going to happen or who's going to pass by. The way he plays with and engages the people passing by has to be one of the best parts.



If you ever have the chance to see David, don't pass it up! It'll be worth it, I guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment